SEC 1 CCA REGISTRATION
CCA selection trial dates for Sec 1 Students
Please refer to this LINK for the dates of CCA trials.
Online CCA registration for Sec 1 Students
Students must attend the trials for the CCAs they are interested in before signing up. Students will be assessed on suitability for the CCA during the trials.
Sec 1 CCA registration will be done on this LINK between 29th Jan 2020, 8am to 31st Jan 2020, 5pm.
Sec 1 CCA registration Process:
1. Select 3 CCA choices in order of preference (1 for 1st choice and so on).
2. Allocation of CCA will depend on your interest (your CCA choice ranking), attitude and aptitude (selection trial results). Please attend CCA selection trials before you make your CCA choices in order for the school to allocate the most suitable CCA for you.
3. You may opt to sign up for Christian Society or Media Resource as SECOND CCA together with a MAIN CCA.
Should you have any queries, please email Mr Alvin Lim at email@example.com.
CCA GENERAL INFORMATION
Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) play a key role in the holistic development of our students. All CCAs emphasise the development of character and instil the core values of the school in our students.
Each category of CCA has its specific objectives:
- Physical Sports develop robustness, fair play and team spirit in students.
- Visual and Performing Arts Group instill in students a sense of graciousness and appreciation for the rich culture and heritage of a multi-racial society.
- Uniformed Group activities aim to make good citizens of students by inculcating in them self-reliance, resilience, discipline and a spirit of service to others.
- Clubs and Societies are a great way to meet new people, elicit creativity and acquire specialized skills.
Besides the inculcation of values, CCAs also imbue in our students an entrepreneurial spirit, a risk-taking attitude and an appreciation of aesthetics, all of which complement the formal curriculum and are necessary for the holistic development of an individual.
In ACS (Barker Road), the following CCAs have performed consistently well contributing to our school achieving Sustained Achievement Awards (SAA) for Sports and Uniformed Groups since 2002.
Physical Sports: Rugby, Swimming, Tennis, Tenpin Bowling and Water Polo.
Uniformed Groups: The Boys’ Brigade and Scouts / Ventures.
(do note that the Sustained Achievement Awards (SAA) was discontinued in 2013)
The school’s Visual and Performing Arts groups – Chinese Orchestra, Choir, Concert Band, Dance and Drama have also performed well in the Singapore Youth Festival Central Judging since 2003 and the school was awarded the SAA for Performing Arts since 2008.
All five Visual and Performing Arts Groups received the Distinction award in the Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation 2013.
Participation in CCA is compulsory for every student in the secondary school. CCA points will be awarded based on Leadership, Enrichment, Achievement, Participation and Service (LEAPS). These points obtained at the end of four/five years will be converted into a grade and can be used as bonus points for Junior College and Polytechnic admission or as a subject for Centralised Institute. Please refer to student handbook ( student diary) for detailed explanation for LEAPS. The handbook will be issued at the start of the school year.
It is compulsory for all Sec 1 students to join one CCA. Students are allowed to join a second CCA if they are able to manage the commitment and time demands of both CCAs.
List of CCAs available and CCA details can be found on the CCA website. Link