Chromebook for 1:1 Learning
As the cost of the chromebook device is significantly lower than other computing devices, students are strongly encouraged to purchase their own chromebook for use during the 4-year 1:1 Learning Programme. There will be no scheme/subsidy to help finance the purchase of the chromebook. In the event that students are unable to purchase one due to financial constraints, the school has made ready some school-owned chromebooks for loan. Borrowers of these school-owned chromebooks are to abide by the school's loan policy.
- Computing devices that are loaned to students as an educational tool should only be used to complete school work.
- Before a computing device is loaned to a student, the student and his parent must sign the school’s acknowledgment form. Parents are required to attend an informational meeting before the computing device will be loaned to their child.
- Students are responsible for the proper care of loaned computing device at all times, whether on or off school property, including costs associated with repairing or replacing the computing device.
- The computing device may only be used by the student to whom it is assigned.
- All loaned computing devices must be returned in acceptable working order at the end of the school year or whenever requested by school staff.
In addition, the school-owned chromebooks are to be returned to the ICT department for verification and checks every semester. Please contact Mr Toh Hun Khim at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
NEU PC Plus Programme
The IDA-led NEU PC Plus Programme offers students and persons with disabilities from low-income households the opportunities to own a brand new computer with internet access at an affordable price. Note that this Programme only offers Wintel PC bundles and does not offer chromebook devices required for the school's 1:1 Learning Programme.
For more information, you can refer to the following link:
Please contact Mdm Noreen Mahmood at email@example.com for any queries.
For any other enquiries, you may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6684 8858.